Skip to main content

Jacob Szilasi always fighting no matter what the odds

Jacob Szilasi L with Trainer Jesse Mora R



After getting off to a 4-0 start, 25 year boxer Jacob Szilasi has hit a bit of a bump in the road. He's lost two tough fights in a row but that's not discouraging him one bit. "I've been through a lot to get here. I had 15 amatuer bouts so for me every time I step in the ring is a learning experience," said Szilasi.


                                               Watch story of Jacob Szilasi and his trainer. 

Szilasi who now stands at 4-2 knows a thing about beating the odds. He was diagnosed with Cancer in April 2013 but after a year of chemotherapy he was back in the ring bringing his amatuer career to an end. Szilasi was determined to become a pro once he had beat cancer. "That was the focus. Turning pro once I beat cancer. It gave me a new purpose and focus," said Szilasi.

Szilasi's traniner Jesse Mora has been working with Jacob for more than 5 years now. It was an instant bond when the pair met at Spokane Boxing and it's a relationship that continues to grow.
"I love Jacob and believe in him. These past two fights we've put him in the ring with some tough fighters. He's learning everyday. What you have to remember is he had a short amatuer career so he's learning as a pro. The thing about him is he works hard, loves the Lord and he does things the right way. I can't ask anything more of him, " said Mora.

Click Here To See Jacob's Record



Szilasi's manager Joe Diaz, who's a legendary figure in the sport of professional boxing says he's staying with Jacob because he believes in his character and his talent.
"Jacob is a fighter, not only in the ring but outside of it. Plus I don't have to worry about him not training. He's always working hard. He is still learning the fight game. Look he's had six fights in and everyone in the country is calling me about this guy when the see the tape on him. I know he's got a great future, "said Diaz.

As for Szilasi he knows everyday is a new challenge. Ultimatley winning will be the true measure of his career. But for all he's been through, he knows everytime he steps in the ring it's a W for him personally- no matter the outcome.
"I'm just proud of where I'm at this point in my life. I feel blessed that I get to step into the ring. I'm working hard everyday to become a champion, " said Szilasi.

Jacob SzilasiJacob Szilasi
Jacob Szilasi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daniel Ruiz Turns Tragedy Into Triumph While Helping Millions Of People Along The Way

(WNCN 11-9-15) By: Mike Gonzalez Danny Ruiz has been fighting for more than 30 years for equal rights for those with disabilities Daniel Ruiz still remembers what life was like before the accident. "I was  a popular teenager that was playing football and running track and field so to suddenly have my life come to a near stop, would be life altering. It's a hard pill to swallow at any age I would imagine. I really saw no future for me," says Ruiz. In 1983 at just 15 years old a motorcycle accident took Ruiz'ability to walk but it would not take his will to fight. However, Ruiz admits those first few months were very difficult.   Click link to see ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings   "I woke up with my bed surrounded by doctors.After hearing them talk about my injury (broken back),I asked if  I'd have kids and walk again? I was told you to have bigger things to worry about. After a major surgery and three months of rehabilitation,

Morning News Brief 4/28/20

Tri-Cities/State/Region Coronavirus latest numbers https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/coronavirus-daily-news-updates-april-27-what-to-know-today-about-covid-19-in-the-seattle-area-washington-state-and-the-nation/ Some fishing, hunting and parks will reopen https://www.tri-cityherald.com/sports/outdoors/article242328231.html Cities and Counties across Washington to receive 300 million dollars https://www.nbcrightnow.com/coronavirus/gov-inslee-distributing-300-million-for-local-governments-to-recover-after-covid-19-outbreak/article_164ccbf0-8911-11ea-8bd0-7f692bddc3e9.html The race for making a vaccine is on https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/in-race-for-a-coronavirus-vaccine-an-oxford-group-leaps-ahead/ Community members create local non-profit resource list website https://keprtv.com/news/local/community-members-help-create-website-to-support-local-non-profits Spokane leaders ponder way to boost business once doors open again

President Of Association For Disabled Americans Says No On Donald Trump Vote

Daniel Ruiz say Donald Trump is not complying with ADA  Bring up the name Donald Trump to Daniel Ruiz, current President of Association for Disabled Americans and the emotions start to boil. "I cannot say that Trump as a "developer" violates the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, he shows a practice of discriminating those with disabilities when it comes to access to his buildings," says Ruiz. Ruiz says Trump has been sued over 8 times for violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. In fact Ruiz sent me this article from The Huffington Post that recently covered a story about Trump being sued at least 8 times for discriminating those with disabilities at several of his facilities.  Many may remember Trump mocking a reporter who had questioned his policies during the primaries. That  reporter was Serge F. Kovaleski's.  "Trump, without even batting a lash makes fun of Mr. Kovaleski's disability and one would expect an apology fo